Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Society Auto

Tonight was another great ride, well, not the route but the feeling after. I took a different route this time and took the Green Line to 55th. I had to ride up the gradual hill into University Heights with a south wind, that was a bit tough on my little single speed. Took me about and hour to get to the Warrensville stop on the Green Line. From there it takes like 20 min by train to get to 55th. Don't recommend this route for the home commute.
One thing I noticed very much tonight is that drivers aren't aware of bikes anywhere, typically. Cleveland is car central and if you are not travelling in one, get out the way..... move!! Which totally sucks for me. I know this will never change unless the Omega point is reached and the society steps into the bizaro version of Cleveland, but still I can't help but to get pissed off at drivers when they cut me off as they talk on their mobile phone or when they don't look both ways as they back out of the drive way.
Just lame annoying human behavior that you often let go more quickly when you too are in 2000lbs of pure freedom.
Well, I am going to keep this up, it is great way to keep fit and be functional, and learn about this society.
Stay cool

2 Comments:

Blogger Sober in Chicago said...

next weekend.... you, me, pbr

6:23 AM  
Blogger flockjcu said...

!!it is on!!!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home