Sunday, August 13, 2006

cross training

Earlier this week had the opportunity to visit with some friends, new and old, in downtown Cleveland. My friend is from Peru, Lima specifically and she suggested that we go to her friend's new restraurant. It was a great place downtown right next to the City Club of Cleveland. While many other things popped into my head which would be a great blog sometime, I will stay focused on the part that is relevant to this blog and that is biking.
It was pretty different commute that night, my friend I will refer to him as the BHB, the original, he drove me, well rather we rode together in his van to his home, it was cool to catch up and bs with him. From there, headed toward the downtown. That is a great ride too! About 8 or 10 miles and it curves as the lake curves, I hadn't been down in the is part of Cleveland in over a year and it was nice to visit this area. Along the way, I stopped in a pub, one that I used to frequent in Collinwood on Grovewood Ave and had a Croatian pivo. Maybe it was an off night, but the feel of the place didn't have the same grab that it once did for me.
Check out the pic from the ride below.




I rode on to downtown along marginal road and arrived at the destination. The experience the total experience felt good, to go to dinner with some friends then hop on my bike and ride home. Yeah, it does suck riding up Broadway at 11 at night but that is Cleveland and it is not bike friendly. Whatever, I don't care, I am just making it happen for me, this experience would be completely mainstream in Eindhoven but here, it is almost like I am some deranged social outcast or I just don't have any cash flow for a car. But the cool thing about living Slavic Village is that because it is mainly an area of town where lower income folks reside no one really hassles me. I like that!
Ok, i gotta go now.. heading down for euro night... on w 6th...
out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home