Tuesday, August 15, 2006

must post this

I am trying very hard these days not to get negative about life in Cleveland. Friends have helped me stay positive, but sometimes like today, I just feel really bla being here. I see only the negatives of life here, the glass half empty stuff, the aggressive behaviour on the commute, the one sided media stories, and the "great" city planning.

Whatever...

Today was beautiful, the weather was fine and I got my stuff back that was in storage that got packed and placed in a storage unit in Columbus while I lived abroad. Also, today, I went through more stuff that was water damaged when my parents basement was flooded a few weeks ago. I found some tax forms for my buddy Daan, that is good, and I found some pictures that got ruined, permantly pasted together, that was bad and I found some letters from old girlfriends that the ink was washed out, that was even worse. All in all, it was slightly and emotional day, couple that with the anxiety of starting school in a few weeks in a foriegn country and I am feelling a bit down.

It doesn't matter, I have the bike, right?? That what this is all about anyway.... riding the bike in Cleveland.. :-)

I am now at Tower Press on the patio and I just ran into one of the tennants who has a totally rad bike, a 2 9 er, with slicks and a carrier on the back, with disc brakes oh this thing is way sweet!! But it doesn't fold!!!

However, he did have something sweet on it that I am going to look into, and that like a GPS that stores data from the ride. I think this would be sweet to implement into the commute and in addition to the pics could have some data to augment....hmmm.. maybe just a bit to nerdy though... we'll see.

Anyway... not to much else to say other than I miss all my friends back in Europe.


later

2 Comments:

Blogger Najor said...

I get like that sometimes. It's like a restless feeling.

The other day I was walking with a friend of mine. And a motorcycle flew by. He froze and just listened to it pass. He said the sound alone exhilerates him.

That made me think...there isn't really any sort of object that gets me that excited. Not cars or shopping or anything. The only time I feel that rush is when traveling. Exploring. It's such a high.

When I'm outside my little environment, NOTHING bothers me. Because my mindset is any detour or problems I encounter will only enrich the experience in the end.

Then you get home. And you realize everything is the same. Nothing ever seems to change. Especially the people. Everyone just complacent. Not completely satisfied, but too comfortable to change anything. And little things that shouldn't bother you do. Because you realize that life is so much bigger than these mundane tasks and everyday hassels. It seems like every second in traffic, every second sitting at a desk, doing a job that leaves you unfulfilled, is precious time that you will never get back. It makes me feel alone or think why the heck am I the only one that feels like this.

But a lot of people live like this because they think they have to. It's the reality they were given. But like you said, we can choose our own reality.

Anyway, I just wanted to write to say hey. I get it. I get in that funk all the time. But then I get out of it because I realize how F'ing lucky I am. And I know that little by little, the choices I make will help me get to that place I'm supposed to be. I have no idea what it is but I'll get there. And so will you.

XO

10:57 AM  
Blogger Sober in Chicago said...

Yo jimbo

check out my blog, my first post in about a month

theres a picture on it, it will keep you busy for a while (you know when you're supposed to be working) share it with everyone, i'm gonna drop BTB a comment too

peace sucka

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home