Friday, November 17, 2006

luggage rack...

So... I am into this commuting thing now. I got the car back and it is cool to have the option and choose freely between them both. Very sweet. This week my buddy Rick and I commuted by public transport and since it was a great looking morning decided to exit the bus 3 miles before our stop at work. As the bus drove off I looked at Rick and my life flashed before my eyes, I lost all the music in my iPod, my bag and helmet was on the bus!!!! Rick just says, "you better go!!!" So I start sprinting on the pony, the folding single speed bike. As I raced down the sidewalk on the bike I weaved in and out of cracks in the sidewalk and the traffic at the crosswalks. I eventually made it to the next main road ~4 miles away. No bus yet.

I then look and here it comes turning onto the street I am on now. I throw the bike down, look to traffic and jump out in front of the bus. I did. The bus stops and the driver says, "what is wrong with your bike?" I say, "i left my bag on the bus" .

I grab the bag and helmet from the luggage rack and say thank you and kiss the driver ( a woman) on the cheek.
So, lesson don't put you bag on the luggage rack on the nice new bus because the bus you usually ride is old and has no luggage rack. I amaze myself....
It was a great work out though.

The coil almost works too.... more details next week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He he, great story! Can't believe you just stood in front of the bus – and didn't get some choice words from the bus driver as a result! Also, brilliant that all your gear was still there : an iPod especially!

That is one of the horrible things about an iPod – if you don't have a back up of your music, you could loose it all in one single mishap and it'll take another couple of years to build that collection up again! Not to mention another fortune. Although, I guess if you had CD's with you and forgot them on the bus it would have been the same thing in the end.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home