Sunday, September 24, 2006

a book i read...

Found this book in a small book store, Behemot Bookshop, in Ljubliana, Slovenia. www.behemot.si
http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?show=trade%20paper:new:0971394253:12.95

I thought it was a good read. Not just complaining without solutions or even just surface level complaining at obvious stuff. Actually diving into the "root" cause. Of course if you see nothing wrong in the society this book makes no sense at all, why would it even be written? some might say. I disagree with that point of view, so nevertheless, it examines the larger context of issues that always seemed to "bug" me as an adolescent and young adult. The interesting thing I consider is that I think in the end most people of western culture want the same thing it is just a matter of negotiations on how to get what we want and what will the "cost" include.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home